Effective Date March 1, 2013
Information We Collect
We collect and store information that you voluntarily provide to us as well as data related to your visit and usage of the Site. We also may collect information about you, either individually or in the aggregate, from third party marketing companies.
We collect personally identifiable information (including, but not limited to, name, email address, address and phone number) that is voluntarily provided to us by you. For example, you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information when you send us an email, use certain features of the Site such as the Contact an AGENT PROS REALTY Agent feature, participate in a survey or sweepstakes, or register with the Site.
In addition, we automatically collect certain aggregate information related to your use of the Services. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable or anonymous information about you, including the date and time of your visit, your IP address, your computer browser information and operating system, web pages your view, links you click, the Internet address that you visited prior to and after reaching the Site, the name of the domain and host you used to access the Internet, the length of time you used the Site, and the features of the Site which you accessed.
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate the Site, while other cookies are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at the Site. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent-based cookies.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through the Site.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
Third Party Cookies
We may also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable Site data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze Site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to the Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, some Site features may not function if you disable cookies.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with the Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
We may use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of the Site. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences.
How We Use Information
We use collected information to make available and to improve our high standard of reliable services. We use such information to respond to inquiries or service requests and monitor such responses; to provide information about and market our products or services or those of our agents and affiliates; to analyze ways to improve the Site and the Services; to personalize your experience while using the Site and Services; to resolve problems; and to manage the Site and assess usage of the Site and the Services (both on an aggregated and individualized basis).
Disclosure of Information
We do not share, sell or rent personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may, however, share your information, including your personal information as permitted by law, including as follows:
- Franchisees and Affiliates. Agent Pros Realty office and/or offices may be individually owned (franchisees). We may disclose the information (including personally identifiable information) we collect from you to a particular franchisee (or multiple franchisees) for the purpose of providing or offering products or services to you or responding to your inquiries or service requests. We may also disclose such information to appropriate affiliates of ours (including strategic alliance affiliates) for the purpose of providing or offering products or services to you or responding to your inquiries or service requests.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information (including personally identifiable information) we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including third parties that will assist us in responding to your inquiries or service requests.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information. We may share aggregate or anonymous information about users with third parties (such as advertisers, national industry organizations, and prospective affiliates) for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose aggregate information and personally identifiable information to third parties as required or permitted by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights.
Email from us
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us
The Site is not directed toward children, and we do not knowingly collect information from children.
Effective Date; Policy Changes
This Policy is effective as of March 1, 2013. Each time you use the Site, the current version of this Policy will apply. Accordingly, when you use the Site, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top of the Policy) and review any changes since the last version. We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time without prior notice. Any such Policy changes will be effected as of the date on which they are posted.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF WE OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF OURS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of South Carolina without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
To contact us (i) with your questions or comments regarding this Policy or the information collection and dissemination practices of the Site or (ii) if you would like to make a complaint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Terms and Conditions that apply to the Site for more information.
All trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary materials herein are the property of Agent Pros Realty 2013. All rights reserved